It was recently revealed that an Event Pass progression would be added to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. This works quite similarly to Fortnite’s Battle Pass system, and there’s even a free version of the pass available for players who don’t want to spend the extra money. However, it has now been found out that it will take way too long for free pass owners to reach the level 20 cap with the Event Pass.
While players can gain items even with the free version of the Event Pass, one Reddit user calculated just how long it would take non-purchasers to reach the level 20 cap. Overall, players would have to put in at least 6-8 hours everyday until the end of the event to reach the level cap. PUBG Corp.’s Communications Lead responded to the post and stated, “It looks like there’s already enough XP in the free missions to get to level 20, but our lead gameplay designer says he wants to make some changes next week to give players a little more wiggle room (to make it slightly easier to get to level 20). Updates will come next week. In the meantime, just do those missions!”
Hopefully, the incoming updates will make it easier for players who haven’t bought the pass to make it to the level 20 cap. The Sanhok map launched along with the Event Pass on June 22. You can check out below how long it will take to earn the free rewards in the game.
- Level 3 – Violent Violet Jacket (30 day rent) – 5 days
- Level 5 – Earloop mask – 8 days
- Level 6 – Turquioise Delight Kar98K (20 day rent) – 9 days
- Level 8 – Tracksuit top (20 day rent) – 12 days
- Level 10 – Gold Plate S686 (30 day rent) – 15 days
- Level 12 – Tracksuit Pants (20 day rent) – 18 days
- Level 14 – Pleated Mini-Skirt (15 day rent) – 20 days
- Level 16 – Name Change – 23 days
- Level 18 – Hotpants (20 day rent) – 25 days
- Level 19 – Worker Jacket – 28 days
- Level 20 – Snowflower Parachute – 29 days